Wednesday, January 4, 2017

Velveeta Broccoli Cheese Soup

Velveeta really makes this soup creamy, rich and delicious. After getting my kids past that there was broccoli in the soup, they really enjoyed it.



Ingredients
3 Tbsp Butter or Margarine
3 Tbsp Chopped Onion
3 Tbsp Flour
1 Can (14.5oz) Chicken Broth
1 Cup Milk
1/2 Lb (8oz) Velveeta, cut into 1/2 inch cubes (I accidently used 1 Lb, 1/2 box)
1 pkg (10oz) Frozen Chopped Broccoli, thawed and drained
(I used 1 head of fresh broccoli. I steamed it until it was very tender. Then I cut it into small pieces)

1. Melt butter into a pan and add onions. Cook until they are tender. Stir frequently.
2. Whisk in flour until blended.
3. Add broth and milk. Cook over medium heat, stirring often, until it is warm.
4. Add broccoli and Velveeta. Cook until the Velveeta is melted.

ENJOY

No comments:

Post a Comment