Tuesday, November 11, 2014

How to Make Your Own Chicken/Turkey Broth or Chicken/Turkey Stock

My sister Rachel taught me how to make my own chicken broth or chicken stock. It is super easy and a great way to use up the remaining chicken. Thanks Sis!

When I made this stock, I think I added 2 carrots, 2 stocks of celery, and 1 onion. I don't think you can mess this up, so just play with the amounts. Also on the seasoning I just did salt. I found the other seasoning by looking online. I'll try to make the instructions better the next time I make this. Again, play with the seasoning and then leave me a comment about what you liked.

Ingredients
Chicken Carcass or Turkey Carcass (I used our left over rotisserie chicken)
Water
Carrots
Celery
Onion
Seasoning: Thyme, Parsley, Peppercorn, Bay Leaf, Garlic, Sea Salt (for the broth only)

Instructions

  1. Put the chicken/turkey carcass and all the ingredients except the seasoning in the crock pot. 
  2. Fill the crock pot with water. 
  3. Add the seasoning. 
  4. Cook on low for a full day. 
  5. Strain the broth to remove all the bones and veggies
  6. Ta Da! You now have broth or stock!
Note - Chicken Noodle Soup
I followed the instructions above, but then put all the chicken and veggies back in the broth. Then I added cooked noodles and I had home made chicken noodle soup. 



1 comment:

  1. This is my first opportunity to chat this website I found some interesting things and I will apply to the development of my blog.Thanks for this recipe

    ReplyDelete