Monday, November 10, 2014

Cooking Squash and Pumpkins Whole

These are the instructions I use to bake squash and pumpkins. When I have cooked pumpkins, I have been able to insert the knife all the way into the center easily. Most recently I had a very hard and dense squash. I pushed the knife as far as I could on the top and bottom of the squash and it was fine. It could have probably cooked for longer than an hour too. It was a large squash. Adjust your times based on the size of your squash/pumpkin.

http://detoxinista.com/2012/11/how-to-roast-a-whole-pumpkin-homemade-pumpkin-puree/

1. Stab the pumpkin several times, make sure it goes all the way through
2. Put the whole pumpkin on a cooking sheet
3. Cook at 350 degrees for 1 hour
4. After the pumpkin cools, cut it in half, remove the seeds, and the skin
5. Note: I just turned the oven off and left the pumpkin in the oven. About 3 hours later I cut the pumpkin up. One time the liquid inside was still hot.

No comments:

Post a Comment