Tuesday, November 11, 2014

How to Clean/Save a Burned Up Crock Pot

I recently made some soup in my crock pot. The soup spilled all over into the cooking part of the crock pot, under the removeable crock that you can clean in the sink. I thought I would have to throw it away for sure because the soup was burned all over the cooker and you can't have it soak in water. Well I found the cure and saved my crock pot!

Items You Will Need
Oven Cleaner
Rubber Gloves
Sponge

  1. Find a well ventilated area. (I did it in my garage since it is freezing outside)
  2. Put on the rubber gloves, hold your breath and spray oven cleaner all over the burned on stuff. 
  3. Run into the house and breath. Ahhh!
  4. Let the Crock sit over night. (I forgot about it and remembered 2 days later. lol!)
  5. Put your gloves back on, grab the crock and a sponge. Now wet the sponge and wipe out the crock pot. You will be surprised, the burned on stuff just wipes off. 

No comments:

Post a Comment