Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Texas-style Lasagna (Made by my sister for my son's birth)

My sister made this dish for me right after I had my son. It has turned into a family favorite.

Ingredients
1-1/2 Lbs Ground Beef
1 tsp. Seasoning Salt
1 pkg of Taco Seasoning
1 (14-1/2 oz) can Diced Tomatoes, undrained
1 (15 oz) can Tomato Sauce
1 (4 oz) can Chopped Green Chilies
2 Cups Small Curd Cottage Cheese
2 Eggs, beaten
12 (6-inch) corn tortillas, torn
3-1/2 to 4 cups Shredded Jack Cheese

Meat Mixture
Brown the Ground Beef and drain. Add the Seasoning Salt, Taco Seasoning, Tomatoes, Tomato Sauce and Chilies mix well. Simmer, uncovered, for 15-20 minutes.

Cottage Cheese Mixture
Combine the Cottage Cheese and Eggs.

Putting It Together
In a greased 9 x 13 greased baking dish, layer half of the meat mixture, half of the tortillas, half of the cottage cheese mixture and half of the jack cheese. Repeat the layer.

Baking
Bake it Uncovered at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until it is bubbly. Let it stand for 10 minutes before serving. Makes 10-12.

Optional
Serve with Salsa, Guacamole, Corn Chips, Olives and Fresh Fruit.

No comments:

Post a Comment