Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Southern Chicken & Dumplings

This recipe comes from my favorite cook book...
'Super-Fast Slow Cooking' by Gooseberry Patch
I recommend buying the cook book. Everything is yummy and easy.

Ingredients
3 - 10-3/4oz Cans Cream of Chicken Soup
1/4 Cup Onion Diced
6 Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts (See my note below)
3-3/4 Cup Water
3-12 oz tubes of refrigerated biscuits quartered (They need to be the small biscuits like you would use for monkey bread)

Pour soup into the slow cooker; add onion and chicken. Pour in enough water to cover the chicken. Cover and cook on the low setting for 6-8 hours, or on the high setting for 4-6 hours. About 35-40 minutes before serving, turn the slow cooker to the high setting. Drop in the biscuit quarters into the slow cooker; stir well. Replace the lid and cook for 35 minutes more, or until the dumpling are don. Stir and Serve. Serves 6. 

Kristi Note:
I put whole frozen chicken breasts into the crock pot. Before I add the biscuits I take out the chicken, shred it and put it back in the crock pot. After that I turn up the crock pot and add the biscuits. This saves a lot of prep time. I hate touching raw meat. 

No comments:

Post a Comment