Sunday, September 2, 2018

Creamy Taco Dip - Crack Dip (Kristi Original)

My husband and I bought a taco dip at a local grocery story. We couldn't stop eating it, so my husband named it the 'Crack Dip'. I decided to try to make the dip at home and I think I got it. I have 2 versions. Mild and Spicy. I'll have to fine tune the measurements later because I started with 1 cup of sour cream and 1/2 cup of Mayo and added an envelop of Taco Seasoning and it was WAY too much. So I had to add 16 oz of sour cream, a little bit of Mayo and Miracle Whip to mellow the flavor out. But I did save the dip and it is awesome!

Ingredients for the MILD dip
Sour Cream
Mayo
(Miracle Whip if you add too much seasoning and it's too salty)
Shredded Cheddar
Taco Seasoning to taste (I used a pack, don't use the whole pack unless you want A LOT of dip. See my note above)

Mix and chill for 1 hour.

Ingredients for the HOT dip
Mix the above ingredients but add..
1/2 to 1 slice of onion finely chopped
1 Jalapeno finely chopped




No comments:

Post a Comment