Sunday, September 2, 2018

Broccoli Cheese Sauce (Kristi Original)


Growing up my mom would make Velveeta cheese sauce, steamed broccoli and toast. We would put the broccoli on the toast and top it with cheese sauce. Since I hated broccoli I thought it was awful. I thought it would be better with just the cheese on bread. That got me thinking about a new way to do this so my kids might eat it. So I decided to be sneaky blend the broccoli INTO the cheese sauce so my kids would eat it. It turns out I loved it. However the kids still refused to try it. I think if you made it without the garlic, kids could really enjoy this. However I loved the garlic. This cheese sauce tasted great on pasta, as a dip for chips or on toast. 

Ingredients
1/4-1/3 Log of Velveeta cut into cubes
1 Bag of frozen broccoli
1/4? cup of Milk
1 Clove of Crushed Garlic
1-3 slice Fresh Mushrooms
Salt to taste

Optional:
1 to 1/2 slice of onion finally sliced
1 Jalapeno finely chopped

1. Cook the broccoli according to the instructions. (I used steam in the bag in the microwave).
2. Add the broccoli and the rest of the ingredients to the blender. 
3. Blend the the mixture until it is smooth. (Add more milk if the blender isn't bending, it may need more liquid)

This sauce taste great over pasta, as a cheese dip for chips or veggies, over cooked veggies or on toast. 


No comments:

Post a Comment