Saturday, January 11, 2014

Aunt Ruth's Scalloped Potatoes (Made by my sister for my son's birth)

My sister made these potatoes as a main dish for my family when I had my son. They were very good. She made half the recipe.

FULL RECIPE (2 - 9x13 Pans)

Ingredients
Potatoes - 5 Lbs Peeled and Sliced
Yellow Onion - 1 Medium Onion Chopped
Heavy Whipping Cream - 2 Quarts
Flour - 1/2 Cup
Salt
Pepper
Ham - 1 Lb Cooked and Cubed

Spray 2- 9x13 pans with pan spray. Layer the potatoes with 1 Tbsp of flour, a handful of ham cubes, salt/pepper, and sprinkle with onion per layer until all of the ingredients are gone. Pour in heavy whipping cream.

Bake at 350 degrees
45 minutes covered, stir a bit so the top doesn't dry out or harden.
45 minutes uncovered

The meal will thicken as it cools.

HALF RECIPE

Potatoes - 2-1/2 Lbs Peeled and Sliced
Yellow Onion - 1/2 a Medium Onion Chopped
Heavy Whipping Cream - 1 Quart
Flour - 1/4 Cup
Salt
Pepper
Ham - 1/2 Lb Cooked and Cubed

Follow the instructions above.
Makes 1 - 9x13 Pan

No comments:

Post a Comment