Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Vegetable Quesadilla (Kristi Original)

I came up with this recipe by using whatever I had in the fridge for dinner. The quesadilla turned out to be very delicious. It's a good way to use up extra zucchini or summer squash.

Cut up all of the vegetables into bite size pieces
Zucchini or Summer Squash (I used 3 small to make one large quesadilla)
Onion (I used 1)
Cilantro, fresh (I used 4 branches)
Garlic (I used one fresh clove)
Cayenne Pepper to taste
Seasoning Salt to taste

Saute the above until it is cooked, I sauteed in coconut oil.

Tortillas (2 per quesadilla)
Cheese, grated

Heat coconut oil in a pan. Once hot, add a tortilla. Fill the tortilla with the sauteed vegetables. Top with cheese and then another tortilla. Sprinkle additional seasoning salt and cayenne pepper on the top tortilla. When the bottom tortilla gets golden brown, flip the quesadilla and cook the other side to golden brown.

To make this vegan, cook without cheese

No comments:

Post a Comment