Sunday, March 22, 2009

Best Lasagna Ever - My Mom's


1 Lb Hamburger or Ground Turkey
1 Medium Onion Chopped
1 tsp Italian Seasioning
1 tsp Basil Leaves or 1 tsp of Italian Seasioning
1 tsp Salt
1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
1/4 tsp Pepper
1/2 Cup Ketchup
2-15 oz Tamato Sauce
1 Tbsp Parsley Flakes
2 Tbsp Sugar
1/2 cup Water
2 Tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
1 Small Can of Mushrooms
Optional: Cyanne Pepper or Hot Sauce
1 Lb Mozzarella Cheese
1/2 Lb of Swiss Cheese
Lasagna Noodles


Sauce:
Crumble, brown, and drain the hamburger or ground turkey. Add the onion, all of the seasioning, Ketchup, Tamato Sauce, Water, Mushrooms, and Worchestershire Sauce. (Basically add all of the ingrediants listed above except the cheese and noodles.)

Putting the Lasagna Together:
In a 9 x 13 pan put in a layer of noodles, sauce, and 1/2 of the 2 cheeses. Depending on your pan you can do 2 or 3 layers. If you do 3 layers, you will need more cheese. Finish with the cheeses on top.

Cooking:
Cover the lasagna with foil for cooking.
If you put cooked noodles into the lasagna your cook time will be 30 minutes at 350 degrees.
If you use raw noodles for the lasagna, your cook time will be 1 hour and 15 minutes at 350 degrees.

2 comments:

  1. You know I just love this recipe! I can't even count how many times I've made it. I also like to make just the sauce for spaghetti and add hamburger.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you love the recipe. It has always been my favorite dish ever since I was a child. I always asked my mom to make it for my birthday.

    ReplyDelete